الأردن - عمّان
|المكان||الأردن - عمّان|
|نوع الوظيفة||Full Time|
|الخبرة المطلوبة||min 2 years|
|المؤهل التعليمي||University degree|
In the framework of the projectDarna - Strengthening community-based assistance and social protection services in the most vulnerable areas in the Governorates of Amman and Irbid, promoted and supported by the Italian Agency for Development Cooperation; COOPI is looking for an Administrative Assistant, responsible for the procurement and administrative operations in Jordan.
Main areas of responsibility (in coordination with COOPI Expatriate Manager):
He/she ensures the correct administrative/financial implementation and the sustainability of the project, assists in the control of all final balances and monitors the correct predisposition of all financial reports, in compliance with COOPI and the donors' procedures. He/she guarantees the information correctness and completeness.
In coordination with COOPI Expatriate Manager, the Assistant administrator will:
- Learn, apply and manage the correct administrative and procurement procedures of COOPI;
- Manage the financial and administrative documents, COOPI's electronic accounting system (DESY), the accountability program and the cash in the office;
- Keep supervising proper filing of staff documents (contracts, copy of personal documents, count of leaves, sick leaves, warnings etc.); and of procurement and project documentations
- Calculate and notify any expenses to be paid by the COOPI Expatriate staff, such as insurances, taxes, contributions for the local staff, bills, if any;
- Monitor the expirations of contracts and salary payments, update the supervisor accordingly;
- Assist in the preparation of Project's reports and audits;
- In coordination with the supervisor, prepare the salary for the staff and the workers on the field;
- When required, translate documents from English into Arabic (and vice versa) and when necessary, provide interpretation services to the COOPI Expatriate staff during project meetings, consultation workshops, trainings, events and field visits;
- Support the supervisor in writing contracts and documents;
- If required, support the COOPI Expatriate staff, by sharing information, ideas, technical advices and skills for the drafting of new proposals;
· When required by the supervisor, carry out any other activity in the area of his/her responsibility.
Qualifications and skills:
· University degree in Business Management or Accounting or any other related field.
- Very strong financial analysis skills and an extensive practical experience working with financial tools, highly proficient with excel such as using pivot table, developing macros, etc.
- Excellent computer skills
- Excellent knowledge of English and Arabic languages, both oral and written - Italian is a plus
- Experience with donors such as Italian Agency for Development Cooperation, European Commission, ECHO, UN Agencies etc.
- Previous experience in working with national/international NGOs is an advantage
- Knowledge of NSSF and VAT requirements is a plus
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Maintain confidentiality of sensitive information
- Ability to work both independently and as a team member
- Excellent communications skills
- Ability to work in different cultural environments
- Committed to humanitarian principles
- Organized and detailed oriented
- Readiness to commit and adhere to the values, mission and vision of COOPI-Cooperazione Internazionale