The Projects coordinator / WASH will manage WASH activities in camps under several projects. He/She will insure projects follow up and technical support to the field team.
1.Stratigy and Proposal development:
- Contribute in setting and implementing in camps strategy.
- Organize, design and oversee regular needs assessments in camps.
- Contribute in proposal development for in camps WASH activities
- Develop overall projects implementation strategy, systems, approaches, tools, and materials
- Organize project kick-off and close-out meetings
- Plan the various stages of project implementation and set direction by prioritizing and organizing activities and resources to achieve project objectives
3. Project Implementation Follow-up
- Oversee and manage the implementation of the projects ensuring that technical quality and standards are considered and respected during project(s) implementation
- Organize regular project coordination meetings with project team
- Ensure budget utilization and physical target achievements are reviewed at least once a month as per work plan
- Ensure project implementation is on time, target and budget, using effective M&E systems to reach desired impacts
- Ensure that the project is implemented in accordance with relevant ACTED technical guidelines and standards
- Anticipate and mitigate risks and trouble-shoot any unforeseen challenges during the project implementation
- Regular update the work plan, output tracker, PMF and other documents relevant for effective project management
4. Administration and Operational Management of Project Implementation
- Review the BFU(s) and provide accurate forecasts with BOQs
- Forecast monthly cash requirements of the project and submit to AC
- Contribute to the development of Procurement plans
- Send accurate and precise order forms in a timely manner
- Contribute to quality checks and procurement committees to finalize suppliers’ selection according to applicable scenario
- Confirm quality of material selection when applicable
- Ensure a proper management and use of the project assets and stocks
- Participate in the recruitment of technical staff (development of organigrams, ToRs, elaborating the tests and reviewing them; interviews etc)
- Ensure that project staff understand and are able to perform their roles and responsibilities
- Follow-up the work plans and day-to-day activities of the project staff
- Manage the project staff in cooperation with Area Coordinators
- Ensure a positive working environment and good team dynamics
- Undertake regular appraisals of staff and follow career management
- Manage interpersonal conflicts
- Ensure capacity building among staff in relevant sectors
- Ensure project records and documents (Flat files, beneficiary list, donation certificates, attendance sheets etc) are adequately prepared, compiled and filed according to ACTED procedures
- Ensure staff awareness of, and respect of, ACTED’s code of conduct and FLATS procedures
- Ensure that each member of the project team is aware of security issues, policies, SOPs and they follow them accordingly
- Support, facilitate or undertake communication and liaison activities to actively consult and involve beneficiaries, key informants, actors, partners and stakeholders in all stages of project design and implementation
- Cultivate good relations with key humanitarian actors – local and international, through regular attendance at technical meetings and bilateral meetings
- Ensure that at all times contact with beneficiaries is conducted in a sensitive and respectful manner
- Where relevant, liaise with donors and work closely with partners on project updates, site visits and other communication
- Identify opportunities to collaborate and coordinate efforts with other organizations to ensure our activities build upon – rather than replicate – the work of others
6. Quality Control
- Assess the activities undertaken and ensure efficient use of resources;
- Ensure lessons learned are documented, shared and reflected in project planning and decision making
- Advise on, and assist with, project reviews conducted by AMEU
- Ensure quality control, analysis of added-value and impact, identification and capitalization on best practices and lessons learnt and provide relevant feedback for new project development
- Identify and analyse gaps, ACTED’s added value, synergies and opportunities in the areas the project(s) is / are implemented and pass relevant information to the N+1
- Provide regular and timely updates on progress and challenges to supervisors and other team members
- Draft (internal) narrative reports and contribute to the development of financial reports through regular budgetary follow up.
- Contribute to drafting of (external) project progress reports, ensuring the quality and accuracy of technical information provided
Expected skills and qualifications
- University degree in a relevant field, (Civil, electrical, mechanical engineering is highly desirable)
- Extensive project management experience in emergency and/or development. Minimum of 5 years in the field of WASH.
- Proven capabilities in leadership and management required (large team)
- Perfect verbal and written communication skills in English
- Knowledge of local language and/or regional experience an asset
- Ability to work well and punctually under pressure
Other benefits provided to ACTED staff:
- Vacations Right: 2.0-day leave per calendar month.
- Health insurance, level “A”.
- Social security.
- Mobile phone and SIM card.
- Monthly Salary: 2097 JOD