Under the supervision of the Project Coordinator, the Social Mobilization Officer will be responsible for community enhancement of the project space management, exit plan as well as direct coordination of project objective, activities with community around the project sites. S/he is responsible for supporting the project manager in overseeing the delivery of the awareness campaigns and ‘’friends of the par’’ committees in selected areas in the East Amman, Jordan. In addition to above the responsibility under this position will include ensuring the quality of sustainability training materials, timely implementation of these trainings and monitoring activities.
- To ensure successful delivery of sustainability trainings and awareness sessions.
- Build strong communication mechanism between ACTED and community
- To represent ACTED activities, project objectives and goals to community and other local stakeholders with support of PM
- Enhance community ownership toward the project by efficient communication, meetings and awareness campaigns.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Create and design training materials and communication tools to increase community awareness toward project sustainability, ownership and participation, through dedicated CfWs, in direct contact with project beneficiaries, residents around the project sites, schools, CBOs and Friend of Park committees.
- Conduct training for CFW workers (Social mobilizers), identify the gaps and address the need of SM, guide and coach them in day to day works
- In coordination with Project Coordinator and in line with donor requirements, ensure a solid community mobilization practices are in place in area around ACTED project sites.
- To assist the Project Coordinator of completing the space management plan and matrix and update whenever is needed;
- Propose solutions to the specified social issues related to the project
- Close Coordination with other relevant ACTED staff such as Project Engineers, AME, HR, Logistics and security for any specific project issues link with community.
- Prepare weekly reports outlining project activities.
- Represent ACTED in meetings with relevant project stakeholders and actors after project coordinator consent. Support Project coordinator in coordination & Communication of project success stories and the impact of ACTED intervention in the intervention area.
- Strict commitment towards construction safety and COVID 19 spread prevention procedures approved by ACTED, GIZ, MOH &/or MOL.
- S/he will assist the Project Coordinator on CfW worker selection (specially the social mobilizers, SM) ahead of each CfW cycle.
- S/he will be accountable for Making sure that all of the SM CfWs are following the COVID 19 safety procedures
- Responsible for safe keeping, handling and management of the project resources.
- Ensure successful execution of space management plan and matrix in all project sites.
Key qualities / qualifications required
- BSc in related field (relevant field experience can substitute for academic qualifications but not vice-versa).
- Minimum 4 years of experience in related field in an international relief or development setting including team management and liaison with various stakeholders (e.g. local communities, other NGOs, UN agencies).
- Minimum 2 years of experience in CfWs relevant programmes.
- Ability to lead a team to achieve projects targets.
- Demonstrated communication and organizational skills
- Ability to develop high quality training materials, training plan and mobilize own team and community,
- Flexibility and ability to multi-task under pressure.
- Proven ability to work creatively and independently both in the field and in the office.
The closing date to submit applications through Akhtaboot is on the 6th of Dec 2020.
This position is subject to fund approval.