REACH is currently recruiting for an Assessment Specialist to join the REACH Syria mission to provide analytical support to the WASH Sector.
Under the supervision of the Unit Manager and Senior WASH Assessment Officer the Assessment Specialist will support the WASH Sector with statistical analysis, data visualization and the implementation/development of analytical frameworks to calculate the severity of needs and the number of individuals in need of wash assistance as part of the 2021 Syria Humanitarian Needs Overview and Humanitarian Response Plan (HRP). In addition, the Assessment Specialist may be called on to support other Sectors and REACH Syria research units with technical tasks throughout the research cycle (including supporting teams with sample design, survey tool/questionnaire development, development of data cleaning and quality assurance processes, production of information products).
The overall goal of the Assessment Specialist will be to enhance the effectiveness of the Whole of Syria WASH Sector response through accurate and timely analysis of WASH Sector datasets, and to support the prioritization of WASH projects included in the Humanitarian Response Plan through rigorous analysis of people in need and the severity of needs throughout the 2021 Humanitarian Programme Cycle (HPC).
The REACH Assessment Specialist will be responsible for:
- Supporting the REACH Syria mission to provide WASH Sector partners with reliable and accurate technical advice and support, particularly in relation to ensuring relevant data analysis is available to inform the Humanitarian Needs Overview;
- Preparation, conceptualization and production of WASH Sector Information Products;
- Ensuring that all information products meet the requirements of REACH and concerned partners;
- Contributing to the development of data collection and analysis best practices and quality assurance processes through participation in the REACH Syria technical working group and REACH WASH community of practice.
- Providing analysis and ad-hoc assessment technical support throughout research cycles implemented by the REACH Syria team.
Confidentiality and Data Protection
The REACH Assessment Specialist will maintain the strictest confidentiality of data and processes. He/she will actively take measures to prevent the unauthorized sharing of information and data.
Analysis and Technical Support to the WoS WASH Sector
The REACH Assessment Specialist is responsible for supporting the whole of Syria WASH Sector with analysis tasks while adhering to REACH requirements, values and processes.
This may include supporting the WASH Sector with calculation of people in need and sub-district severity scores throughout the 2021 HPC and in subsequent updates; undertaking additional analysis to support WASH response prioritisation and review of projects for the 2021 HRP; Development of information products (factsheets/dashboards) drawing on data from whole of Syria WASH assessments following REACH and WASH Sector graphic charter/style guides.
- Jordanian Citizenship
- Excellent academic qualifications including a degree in data science, statistics, computer science or a related discipline;
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience;
- Minimum 1 year of humanitarian experience;
- Experience working within the humanitarian cluster system (particularly WASH cluster), and understanding of donor requirements an asset;
- Advanced technical skills, including ideally all or most of the following:
- High level of proficiency with Microsoft Excel required;
- High level of proficiency conducting analysis utilising R, SPSS, STATA or similar software required;
- Experience with Power BI or Tableau a plus;
- Previous experience with mobile data collection (ODK, ONA, KOBO) a plus;
- Experience with the Adobe Suite, particularly Illustrator and InDesign a plus;
- Experience writing/editing scripts with R or Python a plus;
- Experience conducting temporal or spatial trends analysis, an asset;
- Ability to operate in a cross-cultural environment requiring flexibility;
- Prior knowledge of the Syrian context an asset;
- Fluency in English required;
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
Other benefits provided to ACTED staff:
- Vacations Right: 2.0-day leave per calendar month.
- Health insurance, level “A”.
- Social security.
- Mobile phone and SIM card.
- Monthly Salary: 1643 JOD