Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Expense Management
- Validates all operational payments and transactions.
- Manage expenses related to the daily operations of MdM Syria Mission (Amman Office).
- Management of cashbox, keeping track of receipts and invoices, updating and reconciling in accordance with MdM procedures.
- Estimates the mission’s monthly need for funds.
- Reports irregularities to General Coordinator.
- Performs advances for project staff when needed.
- Conduct a weekly cash count with the GenCo.
- Is primarily responsible for the bookkeeping and monthly accounts.
- Ensure that each expenditure, income or transfer is recorded in the Excel and SAGA software accounting books and is justified by a corresponding receipt
- Ensure that all cashbooks and bankbooks balances are equal to the cash controls and bank reconciliation statements, co-signed by the General Coordinator
- Ensure the accounting system is functional, timely, correct and conducted with respect to MDM and Jordanian accounting procedures and regulations.
- Send the monthly accounting (electronic closure, scanned vouchers and hard copies) to the MdM Headquarter on a regular basis: before the 12th of each month for electronic closure and 15th for scanned vouchers
- Carry out of MdM bank transactions. All of the following actions must be accompanied by the MdM Coordinator signature
- Pay MdM suppliers, providers (based on the bills or contracts), salaries of MdM staff (based on the payroll sheets) and operational partners,
- Ensure financial follow up of operational partner’s expenses and verify the compliance of its financial documents along with the Log department.
Human Resources Management
- In case of recruitment, ensures a written job description for the position is validated by the General Coordinator.
- In case of recruitment, carry out job advertisement, pre-selection of the applications and short-listing of candidates with the GenCo in accordance to mission recruiting procedures.
- Performs reference check and verifies all documents provided by the candidate.
- Issues job offer letters to the chosen candidate, informing the General Coordinator beforehand.
- Establishes all staff personal files and collects all necessary administrative documents (contracts, personal documents, pay slips, leaves, regulations, etc.)
- Carry out end-of-employment procedures (discharge, balance of accounts).
- Issues warnings, sanction letters, or notification of contract-ending when necessary, informing the general coordinator beforehand.
Administrative HR Management
- Organizes social, commercial insurances as per mission policy; organizes related annual health checks for staff and contacts insurances if necessary
- Records leaves and attendance; updates the monthly timesheet and holiday follow-up sheet.
- Calculates payroll and prepares salary slips, calculates expatriate monthly flat rent reimbursement, updates monthly HQ expatriate and national staff statement.
- Fulfils monthly tax and insurance payment requirements for all staff
- Is the contact of the local staff for all their requests of information concerning status, social and medical benefits and requirements and day-to-day management.
- Manage activities related to minor legal consultancy
- Monitors the deadlines of payment and contractual dates and ensures all obligations to suppliers, vendors and others are met in a timely manner.
- Is responsible for the central collection and archive of all mission contractual documents (partnership, work, lease and etc.).
- Participate in audits processes related to the Syria mission
Academic and Professional Qualifications
- Relevant accounting degree; further trainings will be a plus
- Minimum one year previous work experience with a satisfactory performance in the same or similar functional area
- Previous experience with MdM is an asset
Knowledge, Skills & Personal Attributes
- Strong organizational skills
- Good communication skills
- Meticulous attention to details
- Problem-solving aptitude
- Highly approachable, trustworthy and confidential
- Native Arabic skills and proficiency in English language
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office, especially Excel and Word
This list of tasks is not exhaustive and may be subject to changes and additions.
This position will be temporary under a short-term contract.
Starting date: Immediately