Amazon delights millions of customers around the world. Meet the behind the scenes team that enables our Operations and Human Resource Leaders to make informed decisions. The Amazon PeopleInsight team builds reporting and analytics tools for our teams that fulfill customer promise every day. Whether it is Fulfillment Center team that delivers your Prime order in two days, our Amazon Locker team that lets you pick up your package anytime that is convenient for you, our Prime Now team getting you lunch in under an hour, or one of many more, the PeopleInsight group is there providing people metrics along the employee life-cycle for our global operations businesses. In addition to standard reporting, we leverage predictive analytics using ML to help our leaders focus their efforts in ways that will engage, retain and grow their associates.
We are now looking for a Senior Software Development Engineer!Roles And Responsibilities
As a senior engineer, you will:
- Have significant influence on overall product strategy and system architecture.
- Be involved in every aspect of the process – from idea generation, business analysis and technical design through software development using the latest technologies and design patterns.
- Collaborate with Software Development Engineers, Applied Scientists, Data Engineers, Product Managers, UX Designers to ensure the best experience for our customers.
- Design highly available, scalable, and efficient systems and mentor junior engineers to do the same.
- Solve hard problems in handling high volume of data and scaling our infrastructure.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or related field
- 6+ years of experience in at least one modern programming languages (Java, C/C++/C#, etc) with strong base in object-oriented design and development.
- Experience with AWS infrastructure or similar cloud architectures
- Proficiency in design and analysis of algorithms and data structures
- Experience with designing, building and deploying scalable; highly available, fault tolerant systems
- Master’s degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or related field
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, unit testing, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Experience with relational and non-relational database systems
- Experience and willingness to mentor more junior engineers and help them develop their skills and leadership
- Experience influencing software engineers best practices within your team.
- Able to work in a diverse team.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.Company
- Nuqtat Al Taknalojia
Job ID: A1454422