Our overall mission is simple: We want Amazon to be the place where our customers can find, discover and buy anything online. Whatever our customers want, we will find the means to deliver it. With your help, Amazon associates will deliver world class service to our customers.
Amazon is looking for Group Manager who will have responsibility for up to 120 associates and direct line management of 6 Team Managers.
The number one priority for this role is to ensure that associates are supported to deliver a world class experience. The role will require you to ensure your Team Manager priorities remain focused on supporting their associates. To enable Team Managers to focus on supporting their people, you will oversee the operational delivery of the teams you lead.
The ideal Group Manager ensures that Team Manager Priorities and tasks are aligned to supporting associates apply the Amazon Contact Tenets. To achieve this, an ideal Group Manager coaches and supports their Team Managers to build a work environment where associates are engaged and feel a positive sense of achievement about their role in delivering world class service.
You will be responsible for the overall performance and operational delivery of your teams, this will require you to work with key support functions such as Capacity Planning and Quality Assurance to review performance trends and opportunities and take continual action to improve the service level and quality of performance. You will be an escalation point for your Team Manager and their people to take action on issues or barriers impacting the customer experience and will lead Kaizen events to solve people or customer issues. You will represent your team in the wider business, being accountable for creating the input, actions and representation of team performance in standard meeting routines such as metric calls. You will also be a key partner for business teams when operational points of contact to co-ordinate launches, messaging or reviews are required.
Successful candidates will demonstrate:
• Experience directly leading a team(s) of people
• Experience interviewing and selecting people who will maintain a high performance bar in Amazon
• As a leader of leaders understands how to nurture and develop leadership skills
• Strong listening skills
• Positive communicator who understands when necessary how to have tough conversations
• Knows and communicates the Amazon mission, vision and strategy
• Ability to confidently facilitate team discussions and communicate business messages
· Maintains a high level of professionalism and approach-ability.
• Understands and owns the controllable elements of service level delivery
• Ability to use data and insights to prepare metric reviews
• Creates operational plans to support peak ramp up and down as well as readiness for business launches
• Acts as the operational representative for business teams to understand voice of the customer or partner in key process or policy changes
• Builds plans to test and experiment new approaches to service delivery
• Leads and participates in Kaizen events to improve the customer and associate experience
• Uses data to identify areas of ongoing improvement in how service is delivered
*This role works on shifts: 9 hours, 5 days a week between Sun-Sat. National holidays considered working days. 8 days off per month. May need to work outside of regular working hours or on holidays/late night.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
· Bachelors degree or equivalent experience
· People management experience
· 2+ years project management experience
· 3+ years experience in leading teams
· Fluent English (Conversation and Writing)
· Uses data to identify areas of ongoing improvement in how service is delivered
· Ensure processes are in place for continuous improvement and foster innovation on your teams and on a virtual basis
· Acts as the operational representative for business teams to understand voice of the customer
· Knowledge of Six Sigma/Lean processes
· Leads and participates in Kaizen events to improve the customer and associate experience
· Absolute passion for ensuring a great customer experience
· Ability to work in an ambiguous, fast paced environment
· Data manipulation and analysis experience
· Ability to communicate in multiple languages is highly preferred