Are you into Visual programming? Do you dream of build Applications 6* faster within a highly skilled and flexible team? As a Mendix partner and believer, Avertra creates some of the world’s most cutting-edge software products, and we want you to be a part of that team. The successful candidate will also help to develop critical products for our clients and offer excellent technical support. This is a fantastic opportunity to engage in a positive and creative work environment.
- Develop and implement new software programs with Mendix
- Maintain and improve the performance of existing software
- Clearly and regularly communicate with management and technical support colleagues
- Design and update software data models
- Develop user-friendly and modern style UI
- Test and maintain software products to ensure strong functionality and optimization
- Recommend improvements to existing software programs as necessary
- Updates job knowledge by studying state-of-the-art development tools, programming techniques, and computing equipment; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; and participating in professional organizations.
- Mentor junior developer
- Possibly manage small development team
- Ability to follow Avertra development methodology (including Naming Conventions, development Best Practices, Documentation, Unit Tests)
- Ability to understand business requirements and translate them into development tasks.
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple task assignments.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a creative Agile environment.
- Ability to communicate clearly in oral and written English.
- Strong troubleshooting, problem solving, issue resolution and communication skills.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or Information Technology
- At least 3 years of experience in the same field and Mendix Advanced certification
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Must have extensive experience with Mendix and other programming languages like Java or .NET
- Must have passed the Mendix Advanced Developer certification
- Must have working experience with building APIs and Services using REST, SOAP, etc.
- Must have working experience with Scrum/Agile development methodologies
- Team player attitude with a willingness to lead when necessary
- Devotion to continuing education on an annual basis
- Flexible and willing to accept a change in priorities as necessary
- Strong attention to details
- Mendix Expert developer certification
- CSS3 experience
- Java experience
- Sparks EA experience