Working under the supervision of FOCCEC Executive Director, the National Harm Reduction Assessment Consultant is to conduct and national harm reduction assessment identify the actual gaps and needs related to harm reduction in Jordan. Throughout conducting a comprehensive study of existing harm, reduction services in Jordan highlight where Jordan stands in terms of harm reduction services, polices, protocols and procedures, identify the gaps and weakness in addition to recommendations, and, in comparison to international standards.
The assessment is expected to cover gaps and needs of the following services, not limited, and according to the national context:
- Existing practices to engage and retain IDUs in programmers
- Outreach activities
- Exchange of needles and syringes, harm reduction counseling
- Overdose prevention (availability of Naloxone)
- Prevention of 6ual transmission of HIV among IDUs and their 6ual partners (access to condoms, HIV counseling for discordant couples; negotiating safe 6)
- Facilitation of access to voluntary HIV counseling and testing
- Access for HIV positive IDUs to ARV and opportunistic infections treatment
- Access to opiate substitution and other drug addiction treatment
- Facilitation of access to HIV counseling and testing, primary care, intensive case management, first aid
- Capacity building/training of trust points staff
The assessment should include:
- Desk review of relevant documentation, official reports, statistical data, etc.
- Discussions of study documentation and research methodology with FOCCEC including sampling method, report format and structure (preferably, using triangulation method for analytical research).
- Site visits.
- Meetings/interviews of representatives of Government and NGOs, PLWH and representatives of affected vulnerable groups.
- Preparation of a report in both Arabic and English reflecting strengths and weaknesses as well as findings and recommendations for improvement, including indictors to assess quality of harm reduction services. Discussions of the draft report among partners.
- Official presentation of the report to present the findings to national stakeholder.
The Consultant is expected to have:
- Strong analytical and excellent writing skills.
- Ability to meet deadlines and prioritize multiple tasks.
- Availability and ability to travel to sites.
- Proven ability to deliver high quality products in a timely manner.
- University degree in Public Health, Medicine, social sciences or other related field.
- Progressive experience in HIV/AIDS related field
- Experience in conducting similar researches in HIV/AIDS area
- All documentation should be prepared in both Arabic and English