International Orthodox Christian Charities (IOCC) is an international non-governmental development and relief organization, working worldwide to alleviate suffering and need and share God’s gifts of food, shelter, economic self-sufficiency, and hope.
IOCC seeks a Field Coordinator to implement IOCC Jordan activities with persons with disabilities (PWDs) in Karak.
*IOCC is seeking someone with qualifications already living in Karak.
IOCC is implementing a project targeting Syrian refugees and Jordanians with hearing and visual impairments and disabilities in Amman, Zarqa, Irbid, and Karak governorates. The Field Coordinator will work at the direction of the Deputy Project Manager, and in coordination with the Project Manager, on the implementation, oversight, and monitoring of activities with persons with disabilities (PWDs).
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Assist the Deputy Project Manager and support the Project Manager in implementation of the project in accordance with the grant agreement and in full compliance with donor regulations.
- Assist the Deputy Project Manager and support the Project Manager in supervising the work of IOCC’s local partner, including the provision of necessary guidance and support, as well as regular visits, follow-up, monitoring, and evaluation at project sites.
- Collect data and maintain thorough documentation regarding project indicators, outputs, and outcomes, as well as beneficiary selection, to be reviewed by project and IOCC management.
- Maintain organization of project documentation and case files, be able to easily and quickly respond to inquiries on individual cases or the files as a whole, and conduct quality control of project documentation at the field level.
- Serve as the primary liaison between local partner clinics in Amman and Zarqa (as assigned) and project and IOCC management.
- Ensure project implementation in the field in accordance with the project timeline and budget to meet project objectives and serve the targeted population.
- Support the monitoring and control of project expenditures to ensure that project spending is in line with the budget and spending plan in coordination with the Project Manager, Deputy Project Manager, and Finance Coordinator.
- Ensure proper, transparent, and efficient beneficiary selection and maintain appropriate documentation of this process.
- Represent IOCC at various coordination meetings, as requested, and provide relevant information to IOCC management.
- Support representation with donors and visitors to IOCC activities, including but not limited to organizing logistics for visitors and arranging for beneficiary visits.
- As directed/requested, work with the Project Manager and Deputy Project Manager on the timely development of monthly, quarterly, and final project reports. Provide data and information necessary for the preparation project reports, tracking project implementation and activities.
- Ensure that IOCC activities and beneficiaries for assigned project are uploaded to UNHCR’s RAIS, ActivityInfo, and Services Advisor on a monthly basis.
- With the Deputy Project Manager and Project Manager, support the capacity building of IOCC’s local partner in implementation, as well as identifying gaps and developing other needed skills and knowledge of local partner staff.
- Regularly travel throughout Amman and Zarqa for project coordination meetings, monitoring, and following up with activities at IOCC’s local partner clinics.
- Complete and submit weekly updates and other internal and external reports, as required.
- Stay abreast of humanitarian, political, social, and other developments that may impact IOCC’s activities with PWD in Jordan and share relevant information with IOCC and project management.
- Perform other duties as assigned or required.
Knowledge and Skills: Organization; leadership skills; computer skills; social work and/or community development; inter-personal communication skills; advanced written communication; data collection, sorting, and analysis; fluency in Arabic and English. Experience working with PWDs and knowledge of issues impacting refugees and populations with impairments and disabilities required.
Competencies: Ability to build strong personal and organizational relationships across a wide range of stakeholders, including internal and external staff, partner organizations, local communities, project beneficiaries, and other contacts; sensitivity to cultural conditions and practices; knowledge of proper etiquette in interacting with PWDs; ability to implement projects with large budgets while following strict spending and procurement processes; adherence to procedures, regulations, local laws, and other requirements in implementing and maintaining IOCC projects; ability to think strategically, analyze issues, and make appropriate recommendations.
Education: University/College degree in relevant field.
Experience: Minimum of 3 years’ experience, working in emergency response and/or international/ local development with a focus on field work and implementation of projects with PWDs. Experience working on projects funded by the U.S. Government a plus.
Certifications: University/college degree and valid driver license required.
Must be able to pass background check to ensure that applicant is not in violation of U.S. Government Executive Order and law that prohibits transactions with and the provision of support to organizations associated with terrorism.
WORKING CONDITIONS / REQUIREMENTS
- Primary work location is in Karak with travel to Amman to IOCC’s Jordan Office as needed.
- Awareness of local security situation and conditions.
- Professional personal dress, behavior, speech, and conduct in accordance with IOCC policies.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. No phone calls please.