Accounting Director/Office Manager
Jordan - Amman
|Posted date||12 July 2019|
|Location||Jordan - Amman|
- Cell Phones for Less Inc, a retail company based out of NY is looking to open back-office headquarters in Amman to support the day-to-day operation of 22 locations in NY.
- We are looking for an experienced accounting to director to lead the accounting function and the back-office team in Amman. Successful candidates will have proven track record of setting and creating accounting policies and procedures, ability to motivate and lead others, technical knowledge in accounting & finance.
- The accounting director will work closely with the CEO to kick start the back-office venture in Amman, Jordan and manage the day-to-day operation of the back-office team in Amman, Jordan which will have a team of 5 people.
- The director will evaluate current accounting procedures and processes and will make recommendations on enhancing the accounting department to ensure accurate financial statements and reconciliation procedure.
- The director will be in charge of Balance Sheet account reconciliation, Trial Balance, Profit and Loss statement production and audit, Bank Reconciliation, Budget and Cash Flow Management, Supervise and lead the back-office team, investigate errors in Balance Sheet, Income Statement Items, closing the books, Payroll Audit and Allocation, General Ledger/Journal Entry Posting, Expense/Cost management.
- Five plus years of experience as an accounting director and supervisory role.
- Bachelor Degree of Accounting from an accredited university. MBA/Masters in accounting is a plus
- Fluent in Arabic and English ( Oral and Written communication)
- Advanced knowledge in excel to perform tasks such as V-Lookups, Pivot Tables, SUM IF/IFS, Basic VBA Tasks.
- Experience in process design, improvement, and strategic planning
- Experience in working with Multi-Retail Unit company is a plus
- Quickbooks Online experience and/or certification will be required.
- Experience in GAAP, Accounting Software,