COMMUNITY ENGAGEMENT ASSISTANT
|Posted date||23 August 2019|
|Location||Jordan - Amman|
|Company||HelpAge International - Jordan Office|
|Required Experience||Intermediate (Experienced non manager)|
Job Title: Community Engagement Assistant
Location: Amman, Jordan
Reporting to: Country Programme Manager
HelpAge International's Purpose
Our vision is a world in which all older people can lead dignified, healthy, and secure lives. Our mission is to promote the wellbeing and inclusion of older men and women, and reduce poverty in later life. The world we want is one where every older woman and man, everywhere, can say:
- "I have the income I need."
- "I enjoy the best possible health and quality of life."
- "I am safe and secure, free from discrimination and abuse."
- "My voice is heard."
- Job Purpose
The community engagement assistant is responsible for implementation of various, recreational, health, social, and awareness activities for older men and women (60+) from the refugee and host community. The community engagement assistant will also be supporting HelpAge’s work with the ministry and local government related to enhanced laws for older men and women.
The position is responsible for ensuring the activities are delivered on time and to the desired standard as outlined in the project plan and timetable.
The community engagement assistant must have the ability to work with older people from different backgrounds and expected to:
- Design and implement activities for the Older people groups in accordance with the project guidelines and targets.
- Coordinate activities between target group, specialists, local actors/partners and available resources in addition to developing relationships with community partners, working with community in addition to Assists as needed in identifying local social service resources for beneficiaries.
- Manage target group expectations by setting participatory action plans, risk analysis and long term milestones.
- Assist in organizing and facilitating Community Committee meetings in each of the targeted communities.
- Attend meetings with partners and stakeholders in Amman when applicable;
- Maintain and prepare photos and reports on all sessions, meetings and site visits.
- Maintain a good relationship with the government institutions and municipalities.
- Utilize feedback mechanism and referral of services when required.
- Develop immediate and long-term solutions by accessing available resources through collaboration and partnerships with relevant stakeholders (including, when appropriate, informal leaders).
- Networking: Networking activities are designed to strengthen the key stakeholders’ ability to form partnerships, mobilize additional resources, share experiences, and strengthen intracommunity cohesion.
- Any other tasks assigned by supervisor.
- Qualifications/Knowledge and Experience
- University Degree in Sociology, Social Work or any related field, with significant course components in either community development, social work, communications, or post-secondary education and training with significant prior experience.
- 1-3 years’ experience in community development and/or mobilization preferably with an international organization
- Excellent communication and engagement skills (both verbal and written)
- operational knowledge of Microsoft office.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational and time management.
- Ability to maintain the highest degree of discretion
- Arabic language is required
- Fluency in English is desirable.