Job Role- Operations Manager
Reporting to: Site leader
Location: Amman, Jordan
Amazon's mission is to be earth's most customer-centric company--and the Customer Service Operations Manager is at the forefront of that mission.
We work towards a single goal: to ensure the best possible experience for our customers. To do that, we empower our people to think like owners and solve problems right the first time. As a team, we are focused on continuously improving and setting new standards in customer support. You need to love developing individuals at all stages of their careers, and not be afraid to get your hands dirty. You have to thrive in the type of environment that is constantly going and growing. In the words of Jeff Bezos’ “Many of the problems we face have no textbook solution, and so we-happily-invent new ones.” Can you develop leaders, put out fires, and deliver on initiatives that involve senior leadership, all before lunch? Then Amazon may be the place for you.
A Day in the Life of an Ops Manager involves:
- Leading and managing 3-4 direct reports and 300+indirect reports.
- Diving into data to identify the root of a problem and solving it (no matter how large or small the scale)
- Managing workflow, escalations and effectively delegating across your leadership team.
- Driving the creation of staffing plans, schedules, quality/process change initiatives, and Lean/Kaizen activities in our fast paced environment.
- Ensuring the development of your direct and indirect reports as you continue to raise the bar on talent.
- Being prepared to jump on a call and present to senior leadership at a moment’s notice.
- Experience interviewing and selecting people who will maintain a high performance bar in Amazon
- As a leader of leaders understands how to nurture and develop leadership skills
- Strong listening skills
- Positive communicator who understands when necessary how to have tough conversations
- Knows and communicates the Amazon mission, vision and strategy
- Ability to confidently facilitate team discussions and communicate business messages
- Maintains a high level of professionalism and approach-ability
- Understands and owns the controllable elements of service level delivery
- Ability to use data and insights to prepare metric reviews
- Creates operational plans to support peak ramp up and down as well as readiness for business launches
- Acts as the operational representative for business teams to understand voice of the customer or partner in key process or policy changes
- Builds plans to test and experiment new approaches to service delivery
- Leads and participates in Kaizen events to improve the customer and associate experience
- Uses data to identify areas of ongoing improvement in how service is delivered
- This role works on shifts: 9 hours, Any 5 days of the week between Sun-Sat. National holidays considered working days. 8 days off per month. May need to work outside of regular working hours or on holidays/late night.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university
- 5+ years people management experience
- Project management experience
- Experience managing large teams of 300+ reports including leadership roles
- Fluent English (Conversation and Writing)
- Uses data to identify areas of ongoing improvement in how service is delivered E
- Ensure processes are in place for continuous improvement and foster innovation on your teams and on a virtual basis
- Acts as the operational representative for business teams to understand voice of the customer
- Master’s degree or MBA
- Lean/Six Sigma experience
- Experience in contact center, retail, or e-commerce operations
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Absolute passion for ensuring a great customer experience
- Ability to work in an ambiguous, fast paced environment
- Data analysis and analysis experience
- Ability to communicate in multiple languages is highly preferred.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.Company
- Nuqtat Al Taknalojia
Job ID: A1467651