All Amazon teams and businesses, from Prime delivery to AWS, are guided by four key tenets: customer obsession rather than competitor focus, passion for invention, commitment to operational excellence, and long-term thinking.
We are driven by the excitement of building technologies, inventing products, and providing services that transform the way our customers live their lives and run their businesses.
Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company
What unites Amazonians across teams and geographies is that we are all striving to delight our customers and make their lives easier. The scope and scale of our mission drives us to seek diverse perspectives, be resourceful, and navigate through ambiguity. Inventing and delivering things that were never thought possible isn't easy, but we embrace this challenge every day.
By working together on behalf of our customers, we are building the future one innovative product, service, and idea at a time.
Come build the future with us.
We are seeking an experienced Operations Manager to join our team in Amman to develop, manage, and support a large team of direct and indirect reports to support our operations teams.
As an Operations Manager, you will become an expert in the processes. You will manage other leaders to ensure that Associates are adequately trained and supported. You will ensure that accuracy and standards are maintained, and that risks and mitigation strategies are communicated across a globally distributed organization.
This role will include managing individual and team performance expectations and goals; provide individual coaching feedback sessions; maintaining and improving quality and throughput; and monitoring real-time productivity to meet weekly deliverables.
In this role, you will:
· Manage day-to-day operations of a team of team managers and Associates including logistics, resource/equipment planning, staffing, quality control, and reporting
· Oversee the hiring & training of new team members and support their development
· Ensure productivity is maximized through supervision, training, analysis, and feedback of performance data on a periodic basis
· Partner closely with the research team to adapt to changing conventions, tooling developments, and expansion to new data areas
· Collect, track, & present metrics related to processes, team accuracy and efficiency, and drive improvements in efficiency, throughput and cost across the organization
· Partner with the Knowledge Management, Capacity and Workforce Planning to prioritize and manage regular operational workflows as well as associated training needs
· Communicate effectively with other operations and/or program managers at other sites regarding risks, mitigation strategies, and success of project SLAs
· Continuously evaluate tools and processes and offer solutions to ensure they are efficient, high quality, and scalable
· Utilize strategic thinking to plan/develop team and site growth to support data delivery
· Troubleshoot and resolve technical and logistical issues
· Ability to lead diverse talent within the team, work cross-functionally, and build consensus on difficult issues
• Bachelor's degree or higher (Any Stream)
• Previous experience as an Operations, Project or Program Manager directly managing and developing front-line managers
• Experience in understanding performance metrics and developing them to measure progress against key performance indicators
• Proficiency verbal and written communication skills in English
• Experience with process improvement/quality control tools and methods
• Demonstrated ability to lead diverse talent within a team, work cross-functionally, and build consensus on difficult issues
• Excellent communication, strong organizational skills and very detail-oriented
• Leadership experience in coaching and performance management
• Experience in managing process and operational escalations