The Appraisal, Monitoring and Evaluation Assistant supports the AME Unit in the development and implementation of appropriate and viable appraisal, monitoring and evaluation systems that are in line with the ACTED’s global AME procedures.
- Support the implementation of solid AME systems and mechanisms that are in line with global AME procedures and deliver effective research/outputs in a way to inform timely decision making and the adoption of sound corrective measures.
- Ensure lessons learnt and best practices are discoursed and documented.
- Contribute to the effective functioning of beneficiary complaints and response mechanism and enhance the trust and confidence of beneficiaries, identify areas of our work which need to be improved and ensure that ACTED learns from the feedback provided through this process.
Duties and Responsabilities:
Appraisal, Monitoring and Evaluation Systems:
- 1 Technical and Systems Development
- Contribute to the development and updating of the consolidated AME work plan and AME frameworks for all ongoing projects;
- Support the AME Officer to implement the AME policies and procedures as described in the ACTED AME standard guidelines and make sure that the tools are followed as applicable;
- Contribute to an effective roll-out of M&E collection and reporting systems to all staff and partners through training, site visits, manuals, and other technical support as needed.
- 2 AME Implementation and Management
- Support the development of ToRs and mission plans for assessments, monitoring and evaluations (baselines, mid-terms, endlines);
- Assist in the development of appropriate data collection and analysis instruments, methodologies (e.g. survey questionnaires, focus group discussions, key-informant interviews) and data/information dissemination/utilization plans;
- Assist with data collection activities and ensure that data collection teams are organized and resourced as needed, and that they deliver as per field mission plans and according to data quality standards;
- In the absence of a dedicated database team, maintain electronic and/or paper-based MIS systems for tracking and reporting all quantitative data and information including reporting on ACTED’s 16 global strategic program indicators;
- Analyse AME data and help produce reports, factsheets with useful statistical analysis and presentation (charts, tables, histograms, box plots) as necessary in a timely manner;
- Provide data to the Project Development Team for use in preparation of reports to donors and other stakeholders, as required;
- Contribute to proactive dissemination and use of knowledge gained through AME activities among Project Managers, Technical Coordinators and Project Development Manager/Officers;
- Contribute to organizing and facilitating learning events in order to capture best practices and lessons learnt when a project closes or as required;
- Document and share the lessons learnt and best practices on time and ensure that the knowledge gained contributes to the improvement of projects and influence the strategic development of future projects and activities;
- Support project implementation and improvement by providing timely information around project successes to be scaled up as well as challenges to allow ‘course correction’ throughout life of the program.
3. Beneficiary Complaints and Response Mechanism
- Contribute to the implementation of the beneficiary Complaints and Response Mechanism (CRM) for the country mission in line with ACTED standard beneficiary CRM procedures;
- Contribute to the proper management of the project CRM central database.
- Provide regular and timely updates on progress and challenges to supervisors and other team members;
- Participate in AME-related conferences and workshops when possible and stay up to date of best practices and new knowledge created in the field of AME;
- Perform any other related activities as assigned by immediate supervisor.
- Arabic native speaker
- Excellent English written and verbal communication skills
- University Degree preferable
- Experience establishing and/or working with community groups desirable
- Knowledge of and experience in field-based data collection methods
- Design, Monitoring and Evaluation experience in humanitarian/development settings