The North Syria recruitment officer will be based in Amman; s\he will work under the management of North Syria Senior HR manager who is also based in Amman
the Recruitment Officer is responsible for proactively searching the roster and matching resumes to assignment requirements for Departments Need. Additionally, they are responsible for analysing the skills and expertise on the roster to determine and build upon the talent for current and future assignment needs.
The Recruitment Officer will use referrals, networks and social media to source new candidates. To be successful in this role, the Recruitment Officer must hold an academic/Experienced HR background combined with work experience in a professional recruitment role.
Duties and Responsibilities
Sourcing, Advertising screening, interviewing, reference checking and following tasks:
- Respond to recruitment position request and provide weekly, Monthly and quarterly metrics as required.
- Support implementation of new policies and guideline and ensure all recruitment activities are carries out in Adherence to ACTED standards.
- Support Hiring Manager to expand their capacity interview skills and ability to specify critical needs and train new recruitment staff.
- In collaboration with programs and other unit, provide an update of the recruitment situation in a weekly basis.
- Prepare vacancy announcements and follow up with area offices on their needs;
- Cross check with Finance to ensure budget is available for new recruitments;
- Ensure that ToRs are prepared by line manager prior to release the vacancy announcement;
- Screen and prepare the longlist applications following to the closure of the announcement;
- Ensure that all CVs will be reviewed by relevant dept. prior short listing;
- Prepare a comprehensive/clear short list for successful candidates to attend for Interview(s)
- Ensure to collect all necessary documents of applicants as indicated in ACTED HR regulations;
- Conduct “Reference Check” prior to offer the position;
- Draft employment contract for staff and collect all information required for contract. (ID card, photos, identification information, “recruitment package” etc.)
Roster Analysis & Development
- Contributes to and supports the design and implementation of ACTED overall recruitment strategy
- Continually researches database against assignment needs and recommends new sources for active and passive ACTED recruitment (i.e. social media and other channels, engagement strategies, marketing tactics, etc.)
- Working with the Recruitment Manager, runs reports from database and provides initial analysis and report summaries to the recruitment team
- Sources and recruits suitable Candidates from the ACTED database to ensure all assignments are filled with the most suitable Candidates and within the targeted time
- Develops a pool of qualified Candidates in advance of need
- Communicate with other department to determine a short list of suitable candidates for each assignment need
- Builds a network to find pre-qualified candidates
- Monitors and applies HR recruitment best practices
Personal Folders / Filing:
- Ensure that personnel files and recruitment files are kept up to date on server and deadlines respected.
- Create thorough personal folders system; Ensure that the personal folder database have been updated on regular basis
Key Performance Indicators
Example, the key performance indicator (KPI) is a measurable value that demonstrates how effectively a company is achieving key business objectives. Organizations use KPIs to evaluate their success at reaching targets
- % success rate of recruitments
- % Time to Hire
- %Quality of hired Candidates
- %Sourcing channel Efficiency
- % Advertise Impact
- % of completing the monthly filling;
- Bachelor’s degree in any field;
- Minimum 3 years of HR work experience a Recruiter capacity
- NGO experience is a plus
- Strong research skills and ability to produce reports and summary of findings
- Experience in remote management is a plus.
- Understanding the Syria context is preferable
- Effective time management, organization, and multi-tasking skills
- Understanding and experience using various recruitment and selection tools
- Ability to conduct interviews, both remotely and in-person, using different styles and techniques
- Fluent English and Arabic (written and spoken);
- Familiar with HR S.W
- Excellent writing and communication skills;
- Ability to work under pressure in a high-pace environment;
- Good organisational and prioritisation skills;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Microsoft Excel and Publisher;
- Strong interpersonal skills;
- Strong analytical skills;
Other benefits provided to ACTED staff:
- Vacations Right: 2.0-day leave per calendar month.
- Health insurance, level “A”.
- Social security.
- Mobile phone and SIM card.
- Monthly Salary: 1059 JOD