Amazon is an E-commerce and Cloud Computing company with headquarters in Seattle, Washington. Since 1995, Amazon has focused on being “the world’s most customer centric company.” Our customers are worldwide, and include not just consumers, but also our sellers and vendors (selling partners). Amazon.com operates in a virtual, global eCommerce environment without boundaries.
Product Assurance, Risk & Security (PARS) organization exists to keep our customers and partners safe, protect associates, ensure WW compliance, and enhance our brand through environmentally and socially sustainable operations. The Compliance Operations Team (C-Ops) is the operational arm of the PARS, an integral part of Amazon online product lifecycle and buying operations. The team is designed to ensure Amazon is compliant in the online retail space.
C-Ops performs classification actions for Restricted Product Compliance (RPC), Dangerous Goods (DG), Trade Compliance (TC), and Direct Import Product Compliance (DIPC) programs. C-Ops also supports the sustainability initiatives related to Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR), Customer Packaging Experience (CPEX), Electronic Handling Fee, Product Safety review and Product Recall for the Product Safety program. C-Ops is a global team with offices across Jordan, India, China, Poland, Romania, Netherlands, Costa Rica and supports compliance related needs for all Amazon marketplaces and internal customers.
We are looking for talented Compliance Operations Manager for Compliance Operations team in Amman, to support our rapidly growing and evolving businesses. You will support the business by managing compliance managers who will in turn manage specialists working on product compliance reviews. The classification should be according to the country specific product compliance regulations and trade requirements. You will work directly with program teams, Retail teams, Legal, and a variety of global internal businesses and outside vendors to drive operations goals related to product compliance across the supply chain.
The position is responsible for supporting Amazon’s worldwide compliance program primarily focusing on Middle East regulatory requirements. By supporting compliance approaches while creating innovative solutions that move at internet speed.Roles And Responsibility
You will be responsible for multiple operations teams supporting multiple categories that work on Amazon Catalog to classify products which in turn enable a reliable and operationally effective flow of products across borders, and thus suffice Amazon internal customers across the globe to deliver to their requirements. Duties may include, taking part in planning, organizing and directing the work of compliance managers or others, strategize and drive compliance managers to execute procedures on work received, to estimate time on new jobs received, to check accuracy / quality of classification done, to ensure records are maintained accurately, and to ensure utilization (or related metrics) of team is high. As an operations manager, you would be responsible for:
Key Performance Areas
- Manage a team of 40+ associates and specialists in driving Operational goals for respective business functions measured under Cycle Time/ Productivity/Quality/ Cost metrics
- Manager of frontline managers for global classification/rule writing programs that will result in duty savings and ultimately benefit the programs. Make right hiring decisions, continuously develop team, Set goals and holds team members accountable for performance.
- Drive process improvements and enforce quality processes.
- Scale up team by proper budgeting and co owning the budget.
- Work with Amazon’s internal technology teams to develop creative and best-in-class product compliance business processes that can scale up.
- Work with various internal teams (e.g. supply chain, Retail teams, system teams, Trade program teams) to help drive tools, best practices and process improvements that affect classification speed of the program.
- Leverage data to continuously improve Product Compliance at Amazon.
- Deliver business goals for processes handled.
- People Management (leadership role, team management & development, floor control and retention)
- Attract talent and makes right hiring decisions, On-boarding and continuous development of team and maintain a high delivery bar.
- Formulate, Implement, Track career path & Individual Development Plans of each member in the team.
- Co-owner in the process of budget planning.
- Metrics Management (Executes and makes plans to deliver business metrics)
- Mentor and guide Quality lead / Process Expert to manage quality, improve process efficiency and minimize variation, conceptualize, design and deliver training to the team.
- Owns weekly/monthly metrics and process reviews with internal and external stakeholders.
- Participates and provides adequate support in business reviews with mid-level and senior stakeholders.
- Directly managed 3+ managers and thus indirectly managed at least 40+ people organization.
- Flawless command of both Arabic & English Languages, written and verbal.
- Experience in one or more of the following compliance domains: Dangerous Goods, Food Safety, Product Safety, Restricted Products and Trade compliance.
- Ability to attend custom work hours as required, meetings with colleagues from different time zones, handle promptly work related emergency when they occur, that can include customized weekends or work different shifts rotation.
- Able to work in an ambiguous, dynamic & ‘internet-speed’ environment with tight deadlines
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline or equivalent experience.
- Proficiency in MS Excel and other office applications
- Attention to detail and proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously
- Experience in business process improvement
- A self-starter. Ability to work independently and autonomously.
- Possess strong communication and leadership skills
- Possess exceptional skills in data refinement and analysis
- Experience in one or more of the following:
Ecommerce or Retail industry
Regulatory compliance management with government agencies.
Lean Six Sigma and other process improvement tools.
Trade agreements (FTA), Country of origin (COO) and customs clearance knowledge
Tableau & SQL
Leveraging technology to drive process improvements in fast-paced, technology driven businesses
- Fluent in a third Language
- Nuqtat Al Taknalojia
Job ID: A1289598